It all starts with an idea. Some brilliant thought that you are sure is going to automatically change your eating habits, workout routine, and appearance with little to no stress added to your life (or wallet). Sadly, this idea rarely turns out the way that you believe it will. Full body Cleanses, diets, workout schedules, and every other stupid idea found in the latest health magazine fizzle out and end once you realize that you can't do them and eat fast food at the same time. This is a tribute to all those who share the same lifestyle. Those who start something and can't seem to finish it. A blog of my efforts to become a full-fledged heath nut.

Twitter

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spicy!!



Now I had heard before that spicy foods could increase your metabolism, but did you also know that spicy foods can provide other health benefits. Well they can!!! First of all, spicy foods may help alleviate inflammation. It's all about the capsaincin. Arthritis and psoriasis are caused by nerve damage and cause pain on joints, but capsaincin is known to help get rid of that pain. This means that capsaincin may also relieve the chronic pain of headaches and osteoporosis. Don't worry it gets better! Cayenne and chili peppers can help lower your cholesterol. For the record, this information is no secret and by clicking HERE you can read more about the health preventions that spicy foods can provide.



I know this post seems a little random, but just yesterday my roommate made me the BEST salmon with this incredibly hot sauce on top. I do not handle spicy well ( as most of my friends and family know), but I scarfed down that fish because I knew that there were some health benefits that I had to be receiving from that torture. Well I figured out what they were, and know you know them too!

1 comment: